HOME

community graphic

Chq560Pictured left to right, Bob Speight, Southampton Rotary; June Van Bastelaar, Rotary Huron Shore Run; Rick Carr, Saugeen Track & Field Club; John Van Bastelaar, Rotary Huron Shore Run; Jonna Ebel, Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation Chair; Kevin Kelly, Bruce Power Premier Sponsor; Mary Jo Arnett, Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation Director; Sally Kidson, Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation Executive Director; Bob Lunney, Port Elgin Rotary President.

Hub Staff

Organizers from the 28th annual Rotary Huron Shore Run presented Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation (SMHF) with a cheque for $40,400 on September 24 from their June 4 event in Saugeen Shores.

A total 750 entrants took to the streets in the long-standing community event that promotes physical fitness through road races, all for a good cause.

A total of 70 percent of the event proceeds goes to the hospital foundation, while the remaining 30 percent is divided between the Southampton and Port Elgin Rotary clubs and the Saugeen Track & Field Club at 10 percent apiece.

Sally Kidson, SMHF Executive Director, said this donation brings the Run's total to SMHF to $321,625. “We’ll have a room named after them in the new ER,” said Kidson.

 

bottom-click

Sunshine top